Thursday, December 8, 2011

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR RECEIPTS - THIS IS IMPORTANT

Subject:  PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR RECEIPTS - THIS IS IMPORTANT
 
  
 
WITH THE CHRISTMAS SEASON COMING UP THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG!!!!!
 
 
    
CHECK  YOUR  RECEIPTS BEFORE LEAVING ANY CASHIER'S   STATION!!!!!
 
THIS   COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE.
 
 
    
It happened at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store   #1279,
 10411 N Freeway 45, Houston, TX  77037 a  month ago.
 
 I bought a bunch of  stuff,  over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as  the  cashier was handing me  the bags. I  saw  a  cash-back of $40. I told her I   didn't
request a cash  back & to delete  it.
 
 She said  I'd  have to take the $40  because she  couldn't  delete it. I told her to call a   supervisor.
 
 Supervisor came & said  I'd  have to take it!  I said NO! Taking the  $40  would be a cash advance against my  Discover &  I wasn't paying interest on  a
cash advance!!!!!  If they couldn't delete  it then they would have to  delete  the whole order.
 
 So the   supervisor had the cashier delete the whole  order  & re-scan everything!
 
 The  second time I  looked at the electronic pad  before I signed &  a cash-back of $20  popped up. At that point I told  the cashier  & she deleted it.
 
 The  total came  out right. The cashier agreed  that  the electronic pad must be  defective.  (yeah, right!)
 
 Obviously  the cashier knew  the electronic pad wasn't  defective because she  NEVER offered me the  $40 at the beginning.  
 
 Can  you imagine how many people went  through before  me & at the end of her  shift  how  much money she   pocketed?
 
Just  to alert everyone. My  coworker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart  last  week.
 She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt.  
 
 She asked the cashier  for a receipt and  the cashier was annoyed and gave  it to her.
 My coworker didn't look at her  receipt until later that night. The  receipt  showed that she asked for $20  cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!
 
My coworker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece
told her  This is a new scam. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.
 
 
Please,  please,  please check your receipts right away when  using  credit or debit  cards!
  
 
This is  NOT  limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the  largest  retailer so they have the most incidents.
 
 I am  adding  to this....My husband and I were in  Wal-Mart  North Salisbury and paying with a  credit  card.  When my husband went to  sign  the credit card signer, he just happened  to  notice there was a $20 cash back added. He  told  the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash  back and she said this machine  has been messing up  and she canceled it.
 We didn't think anything of it until we read this email.
 
 I  wonder how many "seniors" have  been, or will be, "stung" by this one????
 
 
 


THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE  ANYWHERE,  AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!
 
 BEFORE LEAVING THE CASHIER'S STATION!!!!!
 
CHECK YOUR RECEIPT
 BEFORE  LEAVING  THE STAND. I'VE SEEN PEOPLE DO JUST THAT. NOW I'LL  START!
 

PASS THIS ON TO  YOUR FRIENDS, KIDS,  LOVED  ONES    
 
 

 

 

 

 


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1415 / Virus Database: 2102/4067 - Release Date: 12/08/11

No comments:

Post a Comment